- The linear regulator needs to have a higher input voltage in order to withstand a wider range of incident voltages.
- The adjustable regulators were being excluded on Parts.io because of missing specifications (will be rectified).
- A careful analysis of all of the newfound specifications allowed us to find a suitable part.
- The adjust pin acts like a control point for the linear regulator output.
- Adding a 3 pin header allows us to switch between the in-line power source and a 2 pin header that can go to a set of batteries.