For a limited time, we are offering a 1 week trial of all subscription plans. No risk to you, as long as you cancel before the 7 day period is up. Sign up today!
The levels of apprentice/journeyman/master are not about current skill level, but much more about their aspiration going forward. Users should choose a membership level based on the skills they hope to have in 6 months. See the Tiers page for more details.
Someone looking to become an apprentice will be looking for a greater depth of content. Here’s what the apprentice level involves:
- Access to all of the “Skills” videos
- Access to most projects. Advanced projects may not be available and some advanced topics may be left to the higher tier memberships.
- What should you expect if you stick with it for 6 months?
- You should be able to follow along and create small boards, like the CE Header and Sensor Board.
- You should be able to create one larger project, suitable for a portfolio.
- Should understand basic components like resistors and capacitors, especially how to utilize them as pull ups and decoupling caps. Also the basics of protection diodes and setting up current through LEDs.
- Should be able to implement a simple application note circuit (LM317 with associated components)
- Should feel comfortable moving on to the next level (Journeyman).