This stage of the design includes refining part choice, creating footprints, floor planning the PCB, initial cost estimates, determining mechanical constraints, and applying signals to the block diagram view.
This stage can start in earnest as soon as initial parts are identified, as many additional requirements will pop up in the design once the planning starts.
- Starting the KiCad project and importing components
- Adding the ABC project to Github
- Adding the BG96 to the ABC
- Incoming power system and battery setup
- Looking at standoffs and the Z height between snap-off PCBs
- Revising the block diagram to match the layout and reconsidering power domains
- Re-drawing the ABC board outline to include the edge cuts and the slot for the camera
- Adding the RPi 3D model as a reference point and placeholder
- ABC Blocks and Budget
- Daughtercard connector and SIM card holder height
- Pulling In Battery and USB connector 3D models
- Final mechanical refactor of the ABC before moving onto electrical design