TL;DR: The KiCad 5.0 package is not yet at a stable status, as of March 1st, 2018. Wait until the official 5.0 stable is announced to switch.
Should you consider moving to version 5.0, since the new release candidates (rc1) are now being tested?
I don’t think so, yet. Watch below to learn more.
- Links from the video
- KiCad Hat: https://contextualelectronics.com/product/kicad-hat/
- Wayne’s talk: https://fosdem.org/2018/schedule/event/cad_kicad_v5/
- 5.0 nightly build: https://launchpad.net/~js-reynaud/+archive/ubuntu/kicad-5
- Download the stable build (4.0.7): http://kicad-pcb.org/download/
- Manufacturing: http://kicad.info/manufacturing/
- Forum: https://forum.kicad.info/